Government and Infrastructure (G&I) Advisory Service
Government and Infrastructure (G&I) Advisory Service
Farahat & Co. empowers federal government entities through expert advisory services to use the private sector in improving infrastructure provision and public services.
Across the UAE, expectations of what their governments can achieve continually rise; however, the challenge is unlikely met with neither the traditional increase of the public sector workforce nor more government spending. Governments must now do and achieve more with less. Essentially, this means becoming both effective and efficient.
Farahat & Co. works with public sector and government organizations at all levels from local to national, helping them meet unique challenges to creating better outcomes not just for the government agencies, but also for the citizens that they serve.
Maximizing Impact, Financing, and Delivery
Our in-house advisors are some of the UAE’s reputable Government and Infrastructure practitioners, and they’re deeply active in sustainable privatization programs, starting from program planning and initiation up to project definition, financing, and procurement. Our team of G&I specialists also provides bidder-side and government procurement advisory on project finance and public-private partnership (PPP) transactions.
We provide support to improve the performance and efficiency of government agencies that are involved in the delivery of public service. We are able to accomplish this with the expertise of our G&I specialists and the provision of both commercial and financial advice, starting from commercial strategy and contracting through contract termination and restructuring.
Our Government and Infrastructure Advisory Service includes the following:
- Financing advice;
- Financial modeling and feasibility;
- Value release and asset management;
- Bid-side and procurement support;
- Business case study and options analysis; and
- Project commercial structuring
The firm is also active and experienced in the following sectors: economic transportation; national finance; social infrastructure including education and healthcare; defense, justice, and security; and energy.
Listed below are the areas of expertise of our in-house Government and Infrastructure specialists:
- Create public-private relationships (PPP) and develop asset management strategies that support infrastructure development, improving people’s lives and fostering economic growth at the same time;
- Help improve how governments across the entire UAE manage public finances in order to create more value using taxpayer’s money;
- Application of digital technologies with the aim to make public services personal and effective for the people using them;
- Utilization of data analytics in helping schools and higher educational institutions improve learning outcomes of its citizens;
- Provide assistance to defense forces in streamlining operations, cutting costs, procuring smarter, and transforming their workforce in order for them to keep their citizens safe in an uncertain and complex world;
- Help governments provide incentives to startups and entrepreneurs and provide them with strategies beneficial for economic development;
- Provide institutional, transactional, and capacity development advice for partner governments, as well as multilateral and bilateral donor agencies that are exploring PPP viability and implementation; and
- Assist donor organizations and partner governments with reform on procurement including reform of institutional and legal frameworks; and structure and procurement system assessment and redesign.
At Farahat & Co., we know that exploring private sector participation (PSP) options that are in line with the best practices is a concern and challenge for even the leading government agencies, state-owned enterprises, and governmental ministries. Key scenarios wherein a government can improve private sector use include:
- Corporation of organizations and functions;
- Release of value of underutilized fixed assets (e.g. real estate);
- Complex contracting or outsourcing of the private sector for effective and efficient service delivery;
- Private delivery and financing of new capital assets;
- Privatization, carve-out or divestment of government business enterprises or units
The broad local and international experience of our G&I advisory team, combined with in-depth expertise and knowledge of regional and national government affairs help us provide a specialized advisory service that is tailored specifically for local markets.
Farahat & Co.’s Government and Infrastructure Advisory Service, including our people, practice, ideas, and outcomes, are designed for impact. Our team brings forth fresh perspective in helping you fulfill efficiency, your mission, and anticipate disruption. Whether you require advice on public-private partnerships (PPP), infrastructure development, policy implementation, or any other G&I-related advisory, trust us to bring you with actionable insights that drive bold, lasting results.
Shift your perspective. The fresh insights and ideas of our Government and Infrastructure advisors along with our passion and shared purpose help local governments achieve their missions in the most innovative ways.
Call us to consult with our Government and Infrastructure Advisory team TODAY!