FAR – Farhat Office & Co., since it was established in 1985, has been continuously providing the best trademark registration services in Dubai and in the Middle East countries. We are a member of LEA GLOBAL, the second largest international firm association.
We are a Regulated Trademark Attorney
We can handle your trademark registration in the UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, and other Middle East Countries.
Objects Can Be Registered as Trademarks
A trademark is a symbol or word/s that are legally registered or established to use to represent a company or product. A trademark can also be a name, word, signature, letter, figure, drawing, symbol, title, tax stamp, seal, image, inscription, advertisement, pack, or any other combination that is intended to be used for the same commercial purpose.
Validity of Trademark Registration in the UAE
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years in the UAE, and the registration can be renewed for the same period.
Trademark Registration Requirements and Process
- An application for initial search must be submitted to the Trademark Registration Office. The initial investigation will be conducted in order to see if the trademark was registered before or not, if not:
- An application with all the required documents, including the image of the targeted trademarks, will be filed, and the fees must be paid.
- The Trademark Registrar Office will publish your application to register the trademark in two local newspapers.
- Any interested party may file a notice of opposition to the registered trademark within 30 days from the date of publication.
- The Registrar’s decision about the opposition may be appealed to at the ministry committee, and the committee’s decision may be appealed to in the competent court.
- In case of no opposition is lodged within the time limit above, a trademark will be registered and a certificate of registration will be issued.
Documents Required for Trademark Registration in the UAE
- Soft copy of your trademark image in black and white
- Power of attorney appointing our firm to act and apply on your behalf
- Copy of the applicant’s Certificate of Incorporation (for corporate applicants only)
- Copy of the applicant’s passport
- Certificates of trademark registration, if registered in any other countries
- Legal translation for the wording which might be included in your trademark. We require the translation from your language of origin to English. The translation from English to Arabic will be handled by FAR – Farhat Office & Co. through a locally regulated legal translator in the UAE as FAR – Farhat Office & Co. is not a legal translator.
|Example of Cost and Professional Fees Applicable in the UAE for One Trademark in One Class Only||Fees in USD|
|Publication in the UAE Gazette||$275.00|
|Publication in Two Local Newspapers||$306.00|
|Final Registration Fees||$2,732.00|
|Total Government Fees||$3,726.00|
|Our Professional Fees (Lump Sum Amount)||$1,366.00|
|Total Cost and Professional Fees||$5,092.00|
We offer 50% discount on our professional fees in case you want to register for more than one class for the same trademark.